The F11 fault code signals a communication issue.
It means that the machine control board and motor control board cannot exchange signals properly.
This is why it happens:
- Poorly connected or damaged wiring between the two units
- Failure in either or both units
- Door not locking properly
- Motor problems
This error code can occur due to a power cutoff or surge. In this case, the error can be cleared through a reset.
Sometimes errors occur due to failing control board and its inability to get the signal from the control panel. Here are a few steps that may help you solve the issue:
- Unplug or switch off the machine and wait for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Plug the washer back in/switch it on.
- Push Pause/Cancel/Stop to reset the display.
- Run a short cycle: select it, press the Start button and hold it until the cycle starts.
- If it does not work, consult a professional technician.