Among the plethora of household appliances, dishwashers have become an indispensable part of contemporary kitchens. These machines have streamlined the tedious task of dishwashing, thereby significantly reducing human effort and time. Samsung, a globally recognized brand, has set a benchmark in the market with its advanced dishwasher range. Nevertheless, like any other machine, Samsung dishwashers are not immune to errors and glitches. A commonly encountered problem is the Samsung dishwasher HE error.
Understanding the HE Error
Before we delve into the troubleshooting measures, it’s important to understand what the HE error signifies. In the Samsung dishwasher error code system, ‘HE’ stands for ‘Heating Error.’ The occurrence of this error suggests that the dishwasher is unable to maintain the required temperature for effective dishwashing. The primary cause behind this error code is an issue with the dishwasher’s heating element or associated components.
Why Does the HE Error Occur?
The HE error could stem from multiple causes, with the following ones being the most common:
- Heating Element Failure: The heating element in a dishwasher is responsible for raising the water temperature to the desired level. If it malfunctions or fails completely, the dishwasher will be unable to reach the necessary heat level, triggering the HE error.
- Faulty Temperature Sensor: The temperature sensor, also known as a thermistor, continuously monitors the water temperature inside the dishwasher. A faulty thermistor may give incorrect temperature readings, causing the dishwasher to report an HE error.
- Problematic Control Board: The control board is the brain of your dishwasher. It regulates and coordinates all functions of the machine. If the control board fails, it can wrongly detect a heating error, resulting in the HE error code.
- Loose or Damaged Wiring: Sometimes, the HE error can be a result of loose or damaged wiring in the heating circuit, causing the dishwasher to misinterpret the problem as a heating error.
Troubleshooting the HE Error
Now that we’ve understood the causes behind the HE error, let’s explore some solutions to rectify this issue:
- Inspect the Heating Element: Start by examining the heating element for any visible damage or signs of malfunction. If the element appears burnt or broken, replacement would be the most practical solution.
- Check the Thermistor: Test the thermistor with a multimeter. A reading outside the standard resistance range indicates a faulty thermistor that needs to be replaced.
- Evaluate the Control Board: While assessing the control board for physical damage can be straightforward, identifying functional issues requires technical expertise. If you’re unsure, it’s advisable to seek professional help.
- Assess Wiring and Connections: Examine the wiring related to the heating system for any signs of damage or loose connections. Any identified issues should be immediately fixed to restore normal operation.
An HE error on your Samsung dishwasher can be quite a headache. But by understanding the cause of the error and taking appropriate measures, you can bring your dishwasher back to working condition. If the error persists even after troubleshooting, seeking assistance from a professional technician is recommended. Remember, regular maintenance can prevent such issues from cropping up in the first place, helping to prolong your dishwasher’s lifespan and maintain its efficiency. In the end, a well-functioning dishwasher is not just a convenience, it’s an integral part of a modern kitchen.