If the Samsung washing machine displays error code 5E (it looks like SE on the display), then there is a problem with the drain of water. In washing machines without a control display, this code is indicated by a combination: the indicator 40 ° C and indicators of all modes flash.
What the error says and why it occurs
The code 5E in Samsung washing machine is a common error. In 50% of cases, it does not require the help of professional serviceman. This is what error 5E on the display means – there was a problem with the drain of water.
If you have an old model of the machine, do not confuse the error of the drain with the heating element malfunction – E5.
Washing machine interrupts the washing and does not drain the water if:
- The drain filter is clogged with debris which is why the water is not able to get into the drain hose;
- The drain hose is clogged, or there is a lot of debris clogged up at the junction with the filter or siphon;
- The drain hose is kinked;
- The drain pump contacts were removed;
- There was a failure in the electronic controller;
- The pump is out of order.
When the washing machine displays error 5Е, it is necessary to find out why the drain of the water is impossible – only then it will be possible to reset the error and resume the normal operation of the washing machine.
Carefully check the drain filter and the hose – straighten it if it is bent or kinked.
How to fix the problem with your own hands
Here is what to do if your Samsung washing machine displays error SE due to a clogging of the drain filter:
- Turn off the washing machine;
- Open the plastic cover which hides the hose and filter for emergency drain;
- Remove the cap from the drain hose and let the water drain into a suitable container;
- Unscrew the filter screw by turning it counterclockwise and pull it out;
- Clean the filter from debris and sludge;
- Put the filter back, fasten the screw and cover the hose with a cap;
- Put the cover back.
After this, the washing machine should drain the water normally.
Perhaps there was a “bug” in the control unit, so you need to switch off the washer, and then turn it on again after 5-10 minutes.
If you see error code 5E which is associated with a clog in the drain hose, you should act as follows:
- Disconnect the drain hose from the washing machine;
- Rinse it with a powerful stream of water;
- Bend and unbend the hose during flushing to remove all dirt and reset the error.
When you should call the serviceman
If the washer displays error 5E during operation, then sometimes the code indicates:
- Issues with the drain pump. You will need to replace it;
- Broken electronic controller. It is necessary to replace the burnt elements of the microcircuit or to solder the burnt contacts;
- Damage of the wiring connecting the drain pump and controller. The gap needs to be restored or the cable with the wires needs to be completely replaced.
Other Samsung washer error code:
- Error code dc
- Error code lc
- Error code fl
- Error code 2e
- Error code 1e
- Error code ue
- Error code oe
- Error code le
- Error code de
- Error code te
- Error code suds
- Error code ub
- Error code ur
- Error code 3e
- Error code e3
- Error codes se
- Error code nf
- Error code nd
- Error code dc
- Error code Se or 5e
- Error code 5d
- Error code uc
- Error code dE