This error code means that the main control board and motor control board are not communicating properly.
It is caused by the following factors:
- The drain hose is bent, twisted or clogged and therefore not letting drain water through. Check the hose and put in in a correct position.
- The drain hose height exceeds 96″. Adjust the hose properly.
- The drain pump filter is blocked (it is located in the bottom front part of the washer). Remove, check it and clear debris or foreign object, if any.
- There may be a problem with connections. Check these: tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, pressure hose to pressure sensor.
- The drain pump is not functioning properly. Run Test 8 to check it. If the pump is faulty, it may need to be replaced.