If your Bosch dishwasher displayed error E01, do not rush to panic – this is how the self-diagnosis system notifies you about broken heating element which you can fix on your own. You may have also noticed that the appliance stopped heating water, or that it suddenly stopped and does not start the washing cycle.
If you wish to find out why the Bosch dishwasher displays error E01 on the display, you can look at the instructions or read the information below.
The causes of error
Error code E 01 indicates an issue with the heater. Its contacts might have burnt; therefore the device does not receive a signal from the board that the element is on. Another cause is the burnt heater itself – this happens because of calcification caused by the use of hard water.
You need to check the heater to solve the problem. The difficulty is that the heater in Bosch dishwashers is a one-piece unit, with slots for hoses and nozzles. If it has no screws to take it apart, so you will have to replace the entire device.
How to fix the malfunction
What to do and how to fix the problem:
- Disconnect the appliance from the power grid, water supply and sewerage.
- Open the door and pull the racks out of the tub.
- Remove the lower spray arm and pull out the drain filter.
- Unscrew the screws around the perimeter that hold the nozzles
- Put the appliance upside down.
- Remove the screws and remove the back cover.
- Disconnect the wiring from the pump, turn it anti-clockwise and remove.
- Put your hand under the heater unit, detach the rubber mount.
- Disconnect the nipples and wires and remove the heater.
- Do the replacement in reverse order.