You noticed the signs of a malfunction in your Bosch washing machine?
The washing machine shows error code E02 on the display, which means issues with electric motor. After the start of the washing program, the drum does not rotate, or the program does not start at all.
What does error E02 mean? Repair options
You can try to solve the problem without taking the washer apart. Follow these steps:
- Check whether there is enough voltage for the correct operation of your Bosch washing machine. If not, you may need the help of an electrician.
- Disconnect the machine from the power supply for 15-20 minutes. If, after the reboot, the error E02 is no longer on the display, then the cause is a failure of the electronic controller.
If these recommendations did not help to remove the error, then look for possible damage and repair parts.
Causes of malfunction and repair
80% of the breakdowns related to error E02 occur because of the carbon brushes of the electric motor.
They wear out over time and as a result, the motor stops. What signs may indicate the brush wear:
- The washing machine fills and drains the water as usual, but the drum does not spin.
- You hear a noise and notice sparks under the Bosch washing machine.
How to troubleshoot if the error E02 is on:
- Unplug the washer
- Take the Bosch washing machine apart.
- The engine is located in the bottom part, under the drum.
- Remove the drive belt and disconnect the engine wires.
- Remove the screws that secure the motor.
- Remove the engine, disconnect t the contacts of the carbon brushes.
- Remove the brushes. Take a look: if they are almost or completely worn out, they need to be replaced.
Rotor bearing malfunction
If you hear noise when you spin the laundry or notice a leak in the drum, then the cause of it is the water that got inside the rotor bearing.
How to solve the problem and reset the error:
- Install a new electric motor in the Bosch washing machine.
- Remove the motor, get the rotor. Remove the protective cover from the bearings. Lubricate the bearing after cleaning.
- Completely replace the bearing.
The deformation of the rotor axis is a fairly common failure. In this case, the user can hear rumbling sounds as the motor rotates.
It is necessary to install a new rotor.
Hall Effect sensor failure
Hall Effect sensor controls the speed of the drum rotation.
What signs indicate the fault: the drum spins abnormally fast, then stops and displays error E02.
If you notice such “behavior” in your Bosch washing machine, then you need to check the sensor with a multimeter. The resistance in the range of 70 ohms is considered normal – the device works fine. If the device is broken, it needs to be replaced.
The last thing to check is the motor itself. Use a multimeter to do that – it should normally display the resistance of 1 – 7 ohms.