If the Bosch washing machine’s self-diagnostic system shows error F17on the display, you need to understand what it means. The fault reveals itself as follows: you switched on the washer, started the program, but you do not hear the sound of water filling the drum.
Electronic models show error F17 on the control display.
In models without a display, 800 or 1000 + revs and the Rinse mode LEDs might blink.
Causes and solutions of the problem
If the display of the Bosch washing machine shows error code F 17, this means that the filling time is exceeded. The error code may appear both at the beginning of the wash and before the rinse mode.
Note: in some Bosch washing machines, error F17 is indicated as error E17.
You figured out what the error means – now you need to understand how to fix it. Let us take a look at the causes:
- The water supply valve is shut (or not fully open). As a result, water either does not get into the drum at all, or the pressure is too low (less than 1 atm.) and it takes too long to fill the drum. Check the valve, unscrew it completely. If the solution worked out and the error was reset, then you found the cause of the malfunction.
- The filter or the water supply hose is clogged. The mesh filter is located at the junction of the hose with the Bosch machine. Disconnect and clean the hose, then remove and clean the filter.
- Electronic controller failure. When this happens, you need to restart the Bosch washer, having completely de-energized the appliance for 20 minutes, and then turn it on. Error F17 is gone – the problem is solved.
How to fix the situation if these actions did not help? Continue troubleshooting.
Your Bosch washing machine displays error F17, water does not fill the drum while all filters and hoses are checked. In this case, you need to inspect the internal parts of the washer.
What can cause the error code:
Shut off the water supply and disconnect the machine from electricity before checking the valve.
- Disconnect the hoses from the inlet valves. Prepare the container to drain the water.
- Remove the top panel by unscrewing the two screws.
- Disconnect the connectors from the valve coil.
- Remove the clamps and disconnect the hoses.
- Unscrew the fixing screw and remove the valve.
- Inspect it for damage or blockage.
- Installation is done in reverse order.
If the replacement of the valve made it possible to solve the problem and remove the F 17 error code, then everything is fine.
If not, use our tips below.
The pressure sensor monitors the amount of water in the drum, and then sends the data to the control module, which starts the wash program. When the pressure switch fails, it either gives incorrect values or does not work at all.
How to fix the malfunction:
- After removing the top cover, you will see the pressure switch near one of the sides.
- After removing the clamp and disconnecting the sensor hose, check the pressure switch: insert the tube and blow into it.
- If no clicks are heard, and the sensor is out of order, disconnect the connectors.
- Remove the device and install the new one.
It is useless to repair the pressure switch, so if it is broken you need to replace it right away.
Other Bosch washer error code: