The Bosch dishwasher shows error E25 on the display? This means that the system is clogged. How to find and fix the malfunction with your own hands.
The meaning and causes of the error
Code E 25 informs the user that a clogging has occurred in the dishwasher system. The explanation sounds like this: problems with a drain pump or clogged drain pipe.
The problem with the pump may be related to the blocking of the impeller caused by foreign objects that got in the drain during washing:
- peel of fruits, vegetables;
- pieces of napkins;
- parts of broken dishes
Even if you thoroughly clean the plates of food residues, fat deposits could still clog the filter.
How to recover the Bosch dishwasher
First of all, disconnect the machine from all communications, including water supply. After that:
- Disconnect the drain hose from the machine and lower it into the container to drain the remaining water from the tub.
- Remove excess foam in the tub with a sponge.
- Pull out the bottom rack.
- Once you get access to the drain filter, unscrew it, as well as the metal grid, located behind it.
- Rinse the filter under the tap water. The mesh can be cleaned with an old toothbrush using a washing gel.
- The drain pump is located right below the filter.
- Unscrew the mounting screws, pull the flap to the side and up.
- Remove the pump cover and check the impeller.
- Put the gloves on and remove foreign objects.
- Remove all racks from the tub.
- Unscrew the five screws in the sump. They fix the pump unit.
- Put the dishwasher on its back.
- Remove the bottom cover by unscrewing the bolts around the perimeter.
- You will see the circulation unit.
- Disconnect the end of the hose from the unit. Wash it with water, you can also use a small brush to clean it.
- Do the same with the nozzle. It can additionally be fixed with clamps. If they are made of plastic, you have to cut them off and install the new ones. If they are metal, then you need to simply loosen them
As soon as you notice an error on the display – do not hesitate to start inspecting the equipment. If you cannot detect a breakdown yourself, contact the service center.